Skip to main content

Teokbokki

Hahaha. wondering why the name of my post is Teokbokki
Its because I just cooked Teokbokki (pronounced as topoki) today!
YEAYYY!!! :D For those of you who doesn't know what is Teokbokki can click the link. :)
Its a korean snack. Its a spicy rice cake. The rice cake is boiled with water and the cooked with its sauce.
I've been wanting to cook this for a very LONG time, but didn't have the time to, and didn't know where to buy the cooking material.

But luckily, recently I found a Korean Supermarket in Jakarta, Mun Gung Hwa (did I spell it right?) 
Its at Senopati area, near Blok M. They have a lot of stuffs and is very complete. You can find any Korean Groceries there, and for those of you who wants to eat korean foods, you can go there too. They have an eat in place. Well in Senopati, there is a lot of Korean Restaurants and of course Korean People! hahaa.
That place is the so called "Little Korea" in Jakarta. 

Okay before I go too far, let's go back to the topic. :)
We can simply buy the sauce in the Supermarket or make it by ourself. For those of you who loves instant stuffs can simply buy the sauce. But for those of you who love to try it by yourself could make it by yourself too. But for this post I am using the ready sauce. 

this is the sample of the ready sauce, in case you want to know. :)
(you don't need to put anymore additional seasonings after putting this, cause the taste is already "right" with it)

First you need to put 200cc (it can be more if you don't want the sauce to be that thick) of water to the pan.
Wait till the water boil, and then put the Teokbokki (rice cake) inside along with the sauce.
After putting everything, keep stirring till the sauce look thick and add up some things you like.
an odeng (fish cake) is something you will LOVE to put in! haha. this is my favourite brand. :)
they come in big pieces, so you should cut it to small pieces. 
 2 pieces is enough if 4 people are eating.

anyway you can add some noodles, or instant noodles if you want to (only the instant noodle, without the seasoning). :D

You can then put carrots, onion, leek, chopped garlic and any other stuffs you like. 
If you want the sauce to be thicker you can put some of these, korean chilli sauce (i think)

If you like very spicy foods you can add this!! (korean chilli powder)


and for the closing, you can put one tea spoon of sesame oil to make it even more yummy! haha
As simple as that, and you can get a delicous YUMMY food like this...


VOILAA!! :D

You can add a sprinkle of seaweed too, its super delicous you know? hahaha
this is my favourite brand. :)

YUMMY?

even my sister LOVES it! Notice how Happy she is while posing for this photo?hahhaha
I actually wanted to put her photo while eating it, but it turns out to sobad, that she doesn't even want to put it on my blog!! 

Even my MOM loves it! She was actually so ANGRY when I cooked lots of them. She then lectured me saying how this will make me even more FAT and how much calories is in it.
She told my sister and I that we can only eat 1 small bowl of it, and it turns out that she loves it so much, she can't stop eating and ends up taking the whole plate.!! MWAHAHHAHAA!!. 

and the for the dessert is RUJAK!! (Fruit Salad) :)

Sorry for not posting any picture of myself. I am on a Holiday and I held my bangs up so that there will be no more pimples and neither did I put on any make ups. I am all sweaty after cooking, didn't use softlense too, so I need to use my glasses. and I just don't want my reader to run because of my ugliness LOL. 


Notice how I'm so addicted to Korean things? hahaa. I just love Koreans so much. From their singers, actors, dramas, foods, language, clothes, songs. I just love everything! hahaa. Maybe I should put a post called "Things I like and dislike" should I? VOTE! LOL. 

Sorry for putting such a long post of this FOOD. haha. I just want you guys to know. In case you want to try to cook it. So enjoy and good luck trying my recipe! hahaa. Recipe of Lady KaRin. :)


Follow my blog and my twitter
@KarinZhou
or email me at
karinzhou@hotmail.co.uk
COMMENT, thanks. :)


Comments

  1. looks yummy,feel like i want to try to make it as soon as possible....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karin,
    Which part of Melawai is this Korean supermarket? Is it near Kamome, the Japanese supermarket? I've been wanting to get that red pepper paste to make Kimchi Chigae. I;ve only used the red pepper flakes so far and it wasn't spicy enough for me. Thanks for sharing.

    - Stella (Andrew's sister) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks yummy ! :9
    thanks

    @marissaabigail

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I will reply you as soon as possible ! :)
Follow me on twitter, tumblr, instagram and formspring @karinzhou
For any inquiries you can simply email me at karinzhou1195@gmail.com
xoxo,
Karin

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage Today

Hey Guys. At last... I got the time to take some outfit post. I know, you guys are already bored seeing all my writing and that Korean Food Recipe. So today I took some photos before going out with my family. :) I found my mom's old blouse a few weeks ago while looking around her wardrobe. The blouse is transparent and has high pads. LOL. Fashion did went around, huh? and didn't know that it could look this good on me with a high waist skirt I bought from Monaco. When I wore this outfit today, everyone in my house said that I look exactly like my mom when she is my age! hahahaa.  a little bit of vintage editing, done by photoscape! :) mom's blouse, monaco floral high waist, mary jane shoes and Loewe hand bag.  My narcism photos is next.. Hahahaha. I don't know why but I love my photos today. My eyes look big in every photos. argh. my eyes are too small. but I think my eyeliner makes it look big! ahh I just LOVE Bobbi Brown Eyeliner so much! :) this photo loo

11-11-11 Sweet Sixteen

FINALLY! I got time to edit my birthday photos! :)) I'm so happy that I got to share this to you guys! It felt like it's the happiest day ever! Everything's so perfect. Everyone I love was there except for my bestie Eunice from Malaysia. My sweet sixteen was held at grand manhattan club, hotel borobudur. my pretty bday cake! thankyou libra cake! :))  The stage..  posing before any guests come! my sister getting interviewed!  guests arriving! my two lovely aunties.. FAMILY.. <3  my sexy bitch, alexis haha~ my second dress..  me and my two handsome MC  my beautiful sis  a clearer picture of my dress  me mommy and daddy  papa and me! brother and his wife  2nd brother :*  my cutie lil brother :*  chicken dance!!! =D  partyyyy I didn't write much in this post cause nothing can explain how happy I am. nothing can be compared to this feeling I had. and I

a little bit too much? ;)

WARNING THIS BLOG POST CONTAINS LOT OF PHOTOS AND CAM WHORING PICTURES. PROCEED IF YOU WANT..TEEHEE! Sorry for the super late and so-less blogging guys. I've really been struggling with my overly too many tests and assignments. didn't sleep on the last day of world cup because of assignment. didn't even watch it. :( anyway like what I said in the previous post, I knew SPAIN will win! haha~ even though I supported German at first. :p So, to keep up with all the late blog posts, I'm gonna update you with a blog post full of pictures and updates.  Anyway I have another GOOD NEWS. I think I'm going to Guang Zhou, China to study! ooh, how I love it. I am going to live there and graduate there! Shopping and everything would be so FUN and CHEAP! haha. But, only if I am approved by the school. please god help me. and please pray for me guys. okay, enough of the bragging, haha. here are the photos.  1) did a little photo shoot of my lil bro and sis. haha~  you could blame